ENHANCED SUBARU SHORT BLOCK
Here at Sunwest, we take pride in the Subaru engines that we build. Our engines are built to exceed the quality and performance of one from the factory by addressing the main causes of failure in Subarus: rod and/or rod bearing failure, oil consumption and head gasket failure. We are proactive by taking preventative measures to ensure that our motors outlast any other.
This package includes:
– NPR Teflon coated, Hyper-Eutectic Pistons and rings
– King XPG Performance Bearings for Rods AND Mains (addresses rod bearing failure)
– Rods are reconditioned and resized to tighter tolerances (addresses Subaru’s known rod failure)
– New pin bushings are installed
– OEM Subaru Crankshaft
– $1295 / $500 Core
If you do not have a core to send back:
– Core Purchase: $600
Machine Work Done:
– Engines are cleaned, all bolt holes checked and repaired if needed
– Surfaces are checked and milled
– Blocks are honed with deck plates to mimic the cylinder distortion of an assembled motor (addresses oil blow by)
– Blocks are bored and honed with a computer controlled diamond hone down to .0005″ clearance (addresses piston slap)
– Crankshaft is ground (if needed) and polished
– Deck Surface is milled on a CBN Rottler Machine
There is a $500 refundable core deposit in addition to the purchase price, that is REQUIRED before item will ship. Some or all of you deposit will be refunded once your core is returned and inspected.
PLEASE CONFIRM PRODUCTION DATE AND MODEL BEFORE ORDERING TO ENSURE CORRECT FITMENT.
Please allow AT LEAST 10-14 business days for build time
Please Note: Warranty is voided with the installation of any aftermarket part that alters the performance of the engine or requires alteration to the engine’s ECU. For turbo motors, your oil cooler MUST be replaced to validate warranty (they cannot be flushed). The turbo must also be thoroughly flushed or replaced. Similar to the cams on SOHC, metal shavings settle in these areas and if not properly cleaned, will send metal right back into the new engine.
We also have new parts available including: oil pumps, water pumps, timing kits, gasket sets, oil cooler and turbos. Give us a call today!
Additionally, our Long Blocks also include:
– Complete gasket set for install (including 6-Star multi-layer steel head gasket, addresses head gasket issues)
– Complete cylinder head rebuild (new guides and seals, 3 angle valve job, cams reconditioned/polished, OEM cam seals)
– New OEM Timing Kit Installed
– New Oil Pump Installed
– New Water Pump Installed
– All Long Blocks are pre-ran on our SIM test machine to give an accurate reading of oil pressure, cylinder compression and engine load
to view the Single AVCS 2.5L long block.
to view the Dual AVCS 2.5L long block.